|Complete Excision of
- Assess the depth of injury
- Remove all burn eschar, necrotic,
devitalized and contaminated tissue
- INTEGRA Template will not "take"
to non-viable tissue
- Leaving non-viable tissue may create
an environment for bacterial growth
- INTEGRA Template is less forgiving
than autograft with respect to the
consequences of non-viable tissue in the graft bed
- Method of excision should be either
Tangential or Fascial
Sequential Tangential Excision
Choice of instrumentation depends on
surgeon preference and anatomical site.
For deep injuries fascial excision may
be required. Based on surgeon preference, electrocautery,
ultracision or scalpel excision may be appropriate. Broad
area cauterization should be avoided.